Social and Economic Analysis
Our Social support for Clients
Six Working Days.
Social and Economic Evaluations are Key to the design of a project. We have designed processes that collect appropriate data for projects to ensure project sustainability for key social and economic aspects. Our Social analysis examins the socio-cultural, institutional, historical and political context of the project operations identifying the social dimensions of projects, as well as analyzing the different stakeholder perspectives and priorities. We also evaluate if a project is contributing to Community Development through our Economic Analysis
When work is not underpinned by social protection, people risk falling into poverty traps
The Services we are offering in our Social & Economic Analysis Practice as per International Best Practices include:
- Livelihood Restoration Planning
- Where a project triggers only economic displacement withount any physical relocation, (triggering IFC PS5), we do prepare a Livelihood Restoration Plan as opposed to preparing a Resettlement Action Plan. Livelihood restoration is one of the most challenging aspects of project implmentation. We design livelihood restoration programs ensuring that projects can successfuly restore income levels, improve living standards of Project Affected Persons, improve household food security as well as diversify income sources
- Social Economic Surveys
- We have designed best practice social economic survey tools that can be customized for project specific circumstances to enlist important statistical data on household expenditure, income, education, occupation, wealth and where a person lives.
- Stakeholder Engagements
- We conduct stakeholder mapping identifying different groups of people influenced/influencing the project clearly highligting their level of influence. We also conduct stakeholder engagements identifying, analysing, planning and implementing actions designed to influence project stakeholder support.
- We support the Energy, Road, Water and Agriculture Sector. Public as well as Private Sector Investments