Software developer Job Opportunity.
Job Title: Software DeveloperDuty Station:Kampala, Uganda
About GMT Consults LTD:
GMT Consults LTD (GMT) is a technology, management, and development consulting firm providing consultancy and advisory services to a diverse range of clients in the sectors of: Finance, Land & Property, Energy, Water, Transport, Oil & Gas, Extractives, Agriculture and Trade for Sustainable Development. Our in-depth research and knowledge enable us to provide our clients with advice they can trust.
GMT practice areas and services address the challenges of our time from climate to environment and assessing project impacts for long term sustainability. GMT has over the years amassed a wealth of experience in ICT software and systems development, policy development, monitoring and evaluations, customer & beneficiary satisfaction surveys,development of environmental & social safeguard documents, development and implementation of resettlement action plans (RAPs), engineering designs and consultancy,supporting municipal and local government finance and revenue mobilization efforts, surveying,valuations for the financial sector, planning and development consultancy for projects funded by governments and multi-lateral financial institutions.
GMT now requires the services of a software developer to join our Technology Team. Our Technology Department is comprised of exceptional professional team of system analysts,UI/UX specialists, software engineers, website developers, system security experts and quality assurance specialists.
We currently have a vacancy for honest, self-driven, passionate and results oriented Software Developer to be part of our Specialist Team that will be dedicated to designing, developing and implementing an exciting project. You will have to work in an agile environment, collaborating with highly skilled people who are proactive, passionate about technology and results driven.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with system analysts and designers Database design and development
- Represent the company in official business fora
- Prepare and submit daily reports on assigned tasks to your supervisor
- Any other duties as maybe assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BSC in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Equivalent
- 2+ years hands on software development with PHP, Knockout JS, jQuery, CodeIgniter, Laravel is an added advantage
- A proven track record developing solutions in high-availability production environments
- Ability to interpret and document requirements and specifications
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, especially in a complex application stack
- A strong knowledge of databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Specific and detailed knowledge on the theory and practice of software engineering
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release process
- Ability to read and interpret existing code
- Self-drive and ability to work under pressure with limited supervision
Reporting and Supervisory Arrangements:
The Software Developer shall report to the Senior Software Developer
Duration of Engagement
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit their application letters and curriculum vitae by email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, 19 February 2021 at 4:00 pm Uganda Time. The applicant’s CVs should clearly give the applicants’ bio-data, education, previous work places, and experience that demonstrates suitability for the position and at least three referees
Application Letters should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
GMT Consults LTD (GMT)
Plot 112 Bukoto Street
P. O. Box 36211