Land Access and Resettlement
We Support Our Clients Six
As many governments around the world and particularly in Africa put emphasis on infrastructure development as an enabler for economic development, requirements for land for infrastructure has caused pressures of involuntary resettlement on host communities that find themselves as project affected communities. Involuntary resettlement can be physical displacement of people or the disruption of their livelihoods. Poor project implementations erode the social-economic gains expected of the project let alone widening the income inequality and the reputational damage associated with such a project implementation. Project Financiers and Lenders have put in place best practice guidelines such as the World Bank IFC Guidelines to ensure that borrowers meet minimum lender expectations to qualify for financing/or a grant. We are providing project planning, feasibility studies as well as project evaluations that meet financier’s and lender’s requirements. This saves project costs associated with delays and credit suspension that can arise from a poor implementation methodology.
We may ... affirm that the balance of power in a society accompanies the balance of property in land. the only possible way, then, of preserving the balance of power on the side of liberty and public virtue is to make the acquisition of land easy to every member of society..
The Services we are offering to improve Land Access and Resettlement as well as ensuring compliance with International Best Practices are expounded below:
- Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) Studies
- Our feasibility studies comprise comprehensive Asset and Cadastral Surveys for properties affected by the project undertaking. These follow lender's guidelines enumerating property and landtake for all project affected persons to develope entintlement matrices on the basis of tenure, size of landtake as well as injurious affection. Based on community feedback, we also develop community development programs to ensure direct community benefit and support for the project.
- Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) Implementation
- RAP implementation that meets International Standards can be very difficult to conduct. We supporting Private and Public Sector Agencies to implement RAPs that meet international best practices.
- Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) Monitoring & Evaluation
- An effective and well designed M & E is key to the success of a resettlement plan/livelihood restoration plan. It will define what works, what does not work as well as what needs to be changed. We conduct Monitoring Exercises to constantly check that the Planning that was made is being effected as well as evaluations that confirm that the plan has been executed successfully.
- Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) Completion Audits
- RAP Completion Audits are conducted ensure that the RAP implementation meets its objectives, due process has been followed, Project Affected Persons have been compensated and supported to kick-start their lives. We conduct RAP audits that meet the client's as well as lender's objective.
- We support the Energy, Road, Water and Agriculture Sector. Public as well as Private Sector Investments